Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies




3/4 cup organic brown sugar
3/4 cup organic cane sugar
2 sticks of softened butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup gfree flour
1 1/2 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups morsels
1 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sugars and butter in a bowl and mix together until creamy and well blended. Whisk together eggs and vanilla and add to mixture beating together well. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients and stir well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add in morsels and nuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.

I like to use 1 1/4 cup Bob's All-Purpose G free flour, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, and 1/2 cup white rice flour. I also chop up one 70% dark chocolate bar for my morsels.

I prefer to bake the cookies mini size like chips ahoy or even famous amos size. It will make 6-8 dozen mini cookies depending on size. You need only bake them for 6 minutes. I put 1-2 in snack size baggies and freeze them. This is a great treat to add to my kids school lunches and they are thawed by lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment